Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just rode Keystone today for the first time and had a blast. I'm your typical everyday trail rider, so this was the first time I'd ridden in a bike park. I rode nothing but greens the first run down the mountain, then rode mainly blues after that. The greens were fun, but a tad boring. I had a blast on the blues.

I'll be here for the entire week and would like to try out some of the black runs later this week. What do you recommend starting out on? In other words, what are the easier black runs? I'm thinking about taking Cowboy Up to TNT, then taking Logger's Way the rest of the way down. How much more technical will that be than Mosquito Coast or River Run? I've got decent bike handling skills, but I'm no Steve Peat. Thanks for your input.

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
In my humble opinion, go check the blacks out. Remember the moto (When in doubt, walk it out).

That said, Cowboy up can be flowy with the right speed. There will be some techy sections (top root/stump) and the rock garden (many people walk it or walk around it). The rest is bermed turns and mild/techy for the average biker. There are a few hucks in the beginning, some are rollable.

Other than that, TNT is an easier black. Take Motorhead to the Lower entrance of TNT. Take it around (optional stunts in random places). When you get below the Fuzzy Bunny 7 foot drop (option), you can peel out to Paid in full and hook up with Money. Paid in full is not a super technical trail, it just shoots straight down the hill. Money is tables galore, fun for anyone that has some jump skilz or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.