Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
for three!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, is it possible to order frames through specialized that aren't separate 'frames' on the specialized website? Such as if i wanted a frame such as a stumpjumper than only appears a a 'full bike' on their website, can i still order just that frame through the dealer so i can build it up myself? Thanks

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
The Stumpjumper FSR has a couple framesets that appear on the web site - looks like 26" and 29" aluminum and a 26" S-works version. Stumpjumper HT is available in several versions. Did you actually mean a different bike?

Regardless, ask your dealer about it. Rumor has it that some dealers have access to demo bikes and factory blems, some of which are available as frame alone.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I feel your pain, I want the stumpy 29er frame in all black but that frame is only available if I buy the 1x10 stumpy complete.
The funny thing is, it'll show up at my LBS in pieces and will have to be assembled.

·
Fat-tired Roadie
18,453 Posts
Not entirely true. ;) Most mass production bikes arrive at the shop mostly assembled. The mechanic has to put the wheels on, straighten the handlebars, and give it a tuneup. Probably also put on pedals and saddle. But that's all easy stuff - far from getting a bare frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.