Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

To start off I want to buy a 2008 Norco Manik. I want to buy a size small as I will be using it for downhill and freeride, and need lots of stand over clearance.

However, I'm worried about one thing.

That is, when I turn, and have the cranks straight, I don't want the front tire to his my foot.

If anyone owns a Size Small Norco (they all have pretty much the same frame sizing), is there still plenty of clearance between the pedal when it is straight out and the tire? Or are my feet going to hit?

I currently own a Medium size Sasuquatch, and it has plenty of clearance, but I need to know if a size small 2008 model will be the same.

Thanks.

·
Is that Bill rated?
440 Posts
How much clearance do you have on your medium? If you have an inch or more of toe to tire clearance on the medium you will be fine on the small, if it is less than an inch the small is a no go. The distance from the front axle to the BB is 23mm shorter on the small than on the medium.

·
Steve
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lord Humongous said:
How much clearance do you have on your medium? If you have an inch or more of toe to tire clearance on the medium you will be fine on the small, if it is less than an inch the small is a no go. The distance from the front axle to the BB is 23mm shorter on the small than on the medium.
Yeah I still have 17 mil

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.