Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so ive got the cheap base model manitou nixon fork on my free ride bike, and i dont particularly feel like just buying a new fork for performance. anyone know about any spring kits for this air fork? how much difference would they make, and would it be worth it for me to drop between $20-30 on a kit?

·
I dig trails!
5,608 Posts
Scott the Biker said:
so ive got the cheap base model manitou nixon fork on my free ride bike, and i dont particularly feel like just buying a new fork for performance. anyone know about any spring kits for this air fork? how much difference would they make, and would it be worth it for me to drop between $20-30 on a kit?
If your fork is spring based (Elite "low end version") I think spring tuning is one of the best upgrades you can hang on your bike. No blling, but an undersprung fork = brake dive, inconsistencies in turns, mooshing into ramps, over-sag on steep descents...etc.

$20 to take your fork from ok to great is a worthy investment. I think it is why peeps complain about fork performance on their coil forks, they aren't properly sprung.

BTW Manitou's come with the "medium" spring which is usually for ~130-160lbs.

Mr. P

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.