Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you guys go off of a jump, do you guys bunny hop off the jump or just pull the front end up and let the rear wheel fly off with its own momentum?
What about for drop to flat?
Do you guys wear body armor at all? Because i'd like to try to do bigger jumps, but i'm afraid of falling.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
wow, a lot of stuff you want to cover there...
if it's a dj section I am unfamiliar with, and depending on run up, if I can't be sure to get enough speed, I just lean back and huck it and hope I clear the gap, hahaha, or at least 5050case it instead of topside it, but I guess I'm not the smoothest rider out there anyway.... Now, if it's a usual section or jump I know already unconciously, then I just flow the lips, don't necessarily bunny hop, just let the front tire run the transition, and the rear tire follows.
as for drops.... depends if you are pedaling or coasting. ask on the dh/fr forum.

as for armor, whatever gives you confidence, and keeps you on the bike, haha... injuries suck, not only the pain, but they keep you laid up!!! that's the worst f'in part!!!
also, if you come up on a gnarly section, and have no confidence to clear it, you probably won't clear it! with the fear of falling or coming up short, you probably will... if you are all ready for battle in some gear, and you don't give a [email protected]#$*^# about bailing, you might huck yourself through it cuz you feel protected... but everybody is different, most don't like armor holding their flow up, but that's possibly a little farther down the trail for you, once you have your skills down.

·
I post too much.
6,445 Posts
Do a search, there are at least 3 thread for each of your questions on the first page of this board. Laziness is a plague.

Edit: Search for bunny hop techniques too while you're at it, that way you'll have all the questions that get repeated each week because someone was too lazy to browse the forum and use the search function.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm not exactly sure what you mean but lean back and huck it though. Could you explain that?
I'm good at dealing with pain, but i don't want to get hurt because that'll mean i can't ride for a while, and my bike is made out of aluminum, and if i case it badly or something, i don't have the money to replace it either.

·
dirt rules
3,050 Posts
Raghavan said:
When you guys go off of a jump, do you guys bunny hop off the jump or just pull the front end up and let the rear wheel fly off with its own momentum?
That depends on the jump, and how much height you want.
What about for drop to flat?
I like to crouch low, then extend my legs so I can soak up the impact.
Do you guys wear body armor at all? Because i'd like to try to do bigger jumps, but i'm afraid of falling.
Knee/shin guards ALWAYS. Helmet most of the time. Pressure suit when freeriding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.