Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an OLD set of Juicy 7's on my Ventana Salt that have been abused (leak, squeel, howl, etc. etc.). I think they are at least 4-5 years old and have never had the fluid changed. I am thinking of going with some BB7's. I am 195lbs and ride xc single track that is not very aggressive. In fact, most riding now are along MUT and some light uban assault rides. Can 160mm BB7 handle 195lb rider for light XC use?

Also, which rotors (roundagon or g2 clean sweep) would be best and quietest? I can get a complete setup with roundagon for $114 or G2 for $120.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
MCF said:
I have an OLD set of Juicy 7's on my Ventana Salt that have been abused (leak, squeel, howl, etc. etc.). I think they are at least 4-5 years old and have never had the fluid changed. I am thinking of going with some BB7's. I am 195lbs and ride xc single track that is not very aggressive. In fact, most riding now are along MUT and some light uban assault rides. Can 160mm BB7 handle 195lb rider for light XC use?

Also, which rotors (roundagon or g2 clean sweep) would be best and quietest? I can get a complete setup with roundagon for $114 or G2 for $120.
Would work fine. You should be able to use your old rotors if they are not too worn.

Noise depends on the total bike setup and pads more than just the rotors.

·
Registered
392 Posts
FWIW, I am 250lbs and just upgraded to BB7s with 185mm G2 rotor and I really enjoy the stopping power. If your fork can handle it, I would recommend the larger rotor because usually they are the same price.

But if you think the 160mm would be fine, I think the G2 is worth the 6 bucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am 195 too and I have at least 5 year old 160MM BB7's and they stop my F.A. just fine. I would avoid the round dragons. In my experience they are made of plain steel and rust quickly. I use those BB7's for rather extreme all mountain riding. Heck I rode a full weekend at killington on 160mm BB7's they faded by the end of the run but they work fine to this day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts