Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Paws on a Puppy!!
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked FAQ on this site, ParkTool.com, and Sram.com and i couldn't find any info to address my specific question.

I have a set of 6-Bolt rotors. The bolts came with a set of flat washers. Do I need to install the washers or are they included to be used as a shim of some sort? If I am supposed to use the washers should they be installed between the rotor and the hub or the bolt and the rotor?

My only other disc brake wheelset is centerlock so I don't have anything to compare.

Thanks in advance!

·
Big Paws on a Puppy!!
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They rotors are Avid Roundagon's.

I got the bolts from my LBS. When I opened the packaging that the bolts came in, I noticed the washers as well. I wasn't sure if the washers were designed to provide a little offset of the rotor on the hub to aide in aligning the brake.

Now that I think about it, it makes more sense that the rotor should rest flush against the hub so I guess this was a dumb question.

Thanks for the replies guys! I learn something new everyday.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Ratman said:
They rotors are Avid Roundagon's.

I got the bolts from my LBS. When I opened the packaging that the bolts came in, I noticed the washers as well. I wasn't sure if the washers were designed to provide a little offset of the rotor on the hub to aide in aligning the brake.

Now that I think about it, it makes more sense that the rotor should rest flush against the hub so I guess this was a dumb question.

Thanks for the replies guys! I learn something new everyday.
I had one fork/caliper combo where I shimmed out the rotor with some washers. I've not seen Avid's brake kits come with washers, not even the separate set of rotor bolts like this Avid set http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...b25a627&itemid=220515986501&ff4=263602_263622. Are they even the T25 Avid rotor bolts? Or just a set of bolts that fit?

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I've used 3 different Avid rotors and all of them came with 25mm torx and blue loctite. You may have generic bolts that use lockwashers instead of loctite.

Just saw that they're flat washers. Don't know about that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.