Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Giant Anthem 29r. I am looking for an extra set of wheels and tires to setup for pavement rides only. Here is the question I have. I found a set of brand new takeoffs from a Spot Honey Badger ss.
The hub width matches the hub width of my stock wheels.
Will I be able to put a cassette on there that matches my stock cassette? Will it mesh up nicely or will I have to readjust my rear deraillur every time I swap out the wheels?
Thank You in advance.

·
Registered
Vassago Bandersnatch, Motobecane HAL Comp 27.5+
2,242 Posts
The Charger Comps should fit, the more likely adjustment will be the brakes. Since the clearance is so tight on pad clearance, just a slight deviation from on wheel to another can require an adjustment.

·
4 Niners
2,124 Posts
Yea, I have several bikes and wheels and swap them around. Had to buy some Wheelsmith shims to put all the brake rotors at the same distance out from center. I didn't know if his wheelset was disc or rim.

·
Formerly of Kent
13,327 Posts
Hold on.

A Spot Honey Badger SS?

As in...single speed?

If that's the case, it's probably a single speed hub. Verify with seller. If it is, it won't work with your current drivetrain, unless you only plan on using between 1 and 6 gears.

·
Registered
Vassago Bandersnatch, Motobecane HAL Comp 27.5+
2,242 Posts
Hold on.

A Spot Honey Badger SS?

As in...single speed?

If that's the case, it's probably a single speed hub. Verify with seller. If it is, it won't work with your current drivetrain, unless you only plan on using between 1 and 6 gears.
Specs say Sun Ringle Charger Comps...many single speed bikes come with standard multi-speed rear hubs to allow for conversion if wanted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.