Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Moved this to a separate post. I just ordered a 2019 Fox X2 for my Slash. I asked about mounting hardware and they said:

"This shock will come with the one side of hardware (no additional charge) the other side is proprietary and will come with the frame."

This is all bit of a black art to me. Does anyone have any info on additional mounting hardware I should order? One person that reviewed the shock said you need to order Trek upper shock mount bolts to mount it on a 2018. Does the same thing hold true for a 2017 that came with a Rockshox Super Deluxe?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks very much! Good to know! I really appreciate the quick response. Just out of curiousity, how did you like the new shock?
Honestly, I didn't really notice much of a difference between the X2 and Super Deluxe. That being said, I just used the recommended settings off of Trek's suspension calculator for the X2 and didn't spend a lot of time playing with the settings. I just had the X2 serviced and had another volume spacer installed (I'm now maxed out). I'm going to put the X2 back on this weekend to see so we'll see if I can tell the difference. The X2 does make the bike look more badass :D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Honestly, I didn't really notice much of a difference between the X2 and Super Deluxe. That being said, I just used the recommended settings off of Trek's suspension calculator for the X2 and didn't spend a lot of time playing with the settings. I just had the X2 serviced and had another volume spacer installed (I'm now maxed out). I'm going to put the X2 back on this weekend to see so we'll see if I can tell the difference. The X2 does make the bike look more badass :D
Thanks! Almost makes me think I should cancel the order.... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.