Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This questions is about the bolts that go through the bottom of the dogbone, where the bottom of the shock and seatstays attach too.

If you turn the bolt on one side should the other side spin too? On all the other bolts this doesn't happen. I don't have a second allen wrench of that size to tighten both sides at the same time. Is this bolt suppose to turn or do I need to tighten both sides?

Haven't had the bike long and was just checking all the bolts for snugness.

·
Registered
172 Posts
swade said:
This questions is about the bolts that go through the bottom of the dogbone, where the bottom of the shock and seatstays attach too.

If you turn the bolt on one side should the other side spin too? On all the other bolts this doesn't happen. I don't have a second allen wrench of that size to tighten both sides at the same time. Is this bolt suppose to turn or do I need to tighten both sides?

Haven't had the bike long and was just checking all the bolts for snugness.
You're fine , one side is a stud with female threads and the screw side just threads into it , I just took mine apart over Christmas trying to find an annoying "creak" , redid all pivots and bearings and creak went away , only to get stuck in mud yesterday and after cleaning the annoyance is back. This time one pivot at a time to try to isolate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.