Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theoretically, if you had a Bullit II w/150mm dropouts and the floating brake kit, (that doesn't allow you use a ft dérailleur), could you use a chain guide, such as the e.13 DRS that allows use of an E-type dérailleur and have a 2 - 3 ring setup AND the floating brake ???

Attachments

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
MWOH, I don't care how good an ol' boy you are, if you call me a queer again, you and I are gonna dance!...and I don't mean the waltz!

LOL!...seriously though, I'm no good source on that one. Heck I didn't even know e13 made one with provisions for an E-derailleur, but that's a cool idea for sure. MWOH, we're just a bunch of leg-shaving roadies here where I live, and I've only seen a handful of 150 dropouts in my life...and probably most of them at I-Bike...LOL!

Well, OK...we only shave one leg, and I've actually owned a Bullit with a Monster T, but I'm a wimp and an old man, and I require 5 or 6 chainrings up front...LOL!

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TNC said:
MWOH, I don't care how good an ol' boy you are, if you call me a queer again, you and I are gonna dance!...and I don't mean the waltz!

LOL!...seriously though, I'm no good source on that one. Heck I didn't even know e13 made one with provisions for an E-dérailleur, but that's a cool idea for sure. MWOH, we're just a bunch of leg-shaving roadies here where I live, and I've only seen a handful of 150 dropouts in my life...and probably most of them at I-Bike...LOL!

Well, OK...we only shave one leg, and I've actually owned a Bullit with a Monster T, but I'm a wimp and an old man, and I require 5 or 6 chainrings up front...LOL!
LOL TNC yer Hilarious Holmes, but that leg shavin' stuff and th' mental pics = naaasty....eewwww !!! I was lookin' a while bk at the e.13 site and noticed a bk plate on the DRS that had a couple'a holes that had no purpose and someone said they were for an E-type ft derailluer aaanndd I got to thinkin' about the 2nd gen Bullit and the floating brake....just made sense....wonder if SC has considered this lil option....hhmmmmm ???
Hey al_bullit, have you actually seen/done this configuration ?????

·
Registered
471 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
Hey al_bullit, have you actually seen/done this configuration ?????
No, but when I wrote my reply I had my floater equiped Bullit in a stand next to me and a e-type mech on an upside down Prophet the other side of me. Peering at both made things like quite possible. I actually reckon you could get a high banded mech to fit direct. I may get bored one day and try it :)

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
al_bullit said:
No, but when I wrote my reply I had my floater equiped Bullit in a stand next to me and a e-type mech on an upside down Prophet the other side of me. Peering at both made things like quite possible. I actually reckon you could get a high banded mech to fit direct. I may get bored one day and try it :)
When th' "boredom over takes you" let us know how it turns out, pleeeezze ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.