Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Modification might be required

I was led to believe that due to the OD of the spring you would have to file the inside of the seat tower and you might have to shim the rockers in order to clear spring. If you're looking at a 2.25 stroke there's a good chance you'll have to file the seat tower (in a different spot) so the rockers don't make contact at full compression.

The old Romic site had a fit list that listed what bikes the shocks would fit on and a Quasi wasn't on the list. That being said I'd see if you could get your hands on one or at least a spring from one and see how much clearance or lack of clearance there really is. I'd also make sure you can get a spring heavy enough, you don't see allot of romic springs over 600#.

that's all I got.

·
No known cure
5,617 Posts
SunDog said:
Any Quasi riders running a Romic?

I have one ear marked for one of my Quasi's.

A good choice or bad?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Louis
Roger from Romic is my nieghbor and we tried fitting one of his shocks, but the seat tower would have to be milled for clearance. I ended up running a PUSHed Vanilla R with a Mountainspeed rear spring.

·
Chilling out
6,036 Posts
Manitou Swinger 3-way Air went on my Quasi about two months ago.

Was using Vanilla RC.

Can't tell if the bike is any less plush at this time, maybe do a back-2-back ride with shock swap in the middle sometime to check maybe not as I'd rather ride than do work on the bike.

Got back last weekend, for spending a week in Moab.

So now that I've enough miles on it to form an opinion, I'd say that the opinion is "it just works dang well." Most happy with the Swinger. Kinda surprising that, never had a huge opinion of Manitou stuff until now.

fwiw: me == 230#, camelbak ~10, bike setup in 6" travel and for the air shock. Main chamber at 160 ~ 170 psi, SPV chamber at 80 psi. Bike climbs like a goat and downhills awesomely well. Only downhill in Moab that I did that felt "a little rough" was the Top of The World trail, the first 4.x miles was steep, fast, tasty, and I could have used bigger tires.

:D

·
caninus xerophilous
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year/model tower and rocker set up?

Vader said:
Roger from Romic is my nieghbor and we tried fitting one of his shocks, but the seat tower would have to be milled for clearance. I ended up running a PUSHed Vanilla R with a Mountainspeed rear spring.
I have an 03/04 rocker set up which appears to have ample clearance. I am waiting for a newer tower to arrive with the refurbished Quasi frame which I intend install the Romic on. I believe the Titus folks said the newer tower and the newer rockers would support a Romic and the newer Fox DH coils.

I am currently running a Pushed Vanilla on my other Quasi and its great. However I need a new shock for my other Quasi and I came across the Romic at such a good price, half as cheap as buying a used Vanilla and getting it Pushed, so I went for it, with the belief that the properties were similar.

I guess I need to drop Allen a line and see what he says (again) about the compatability.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.