Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, MTBR is testing a beta feature for signatures. By clicking this link, you'll be able to add a visual list of things you own to display to other members. This test is still in the early stages and very limited, but it will allow you to make your sig more dynamic and useful. Shoot us a PM to provide your feedback.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Cracked Headtube said:
They're enroute, be here soon. Seriously, they're coming.
Are these available yet anywhere?

I see no link to buy them on 650bpalace.

Today out of curiosity to see if a 650b would fit my Mojo and to test other frames, I built up a rear 650b wheel with a junk undersized Bunt, Hope Pro2 rear hub, and an irregular neo-moto. The very early batch barely used neo-moto has a irregular casing and a few knobs barely rub but most of the tire clears with 1/8 inch or more clearance. I think the shorter knobbed Quasi-moto would clear with about 1/4 inch or more if not irregular. It would be a tight fit on the Mojo but probably OK for dry use.

I really like the neo-motos, they hook up so well they can peel the tire off the rim when traction is high! But for my dirt trail mostly singletrack riding I'd prefer a tire with less grip than the neo-motos to gain some side slip feel.

·
'Calm Down'
855 Posts
Quasi-Moto

Yippee, got my Quasi-Motos in the mail today. :thumbsup:

First dirt should be in the morning on my Bontrager Single Speed 650b conversion.

jw

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
heckdog said:
Does anyone have the mm's specs on the casing width and height?
Specs of qm and nm attached. I just received some qm's and they do measure up exact per spec, a hair under 2.0 inch at the widest. Ride review of Mojo with full 650b coming later today.

Attachments

·
heckdoggone
22 Posts
So my latest 650b conversion attempt is a 1992 Bridgestone MB-3. I went for a big singletrack ride and the bike rolled well. The tires I am using are super sketchy for off road - Schwalbe HS-315 http://www.rivbike.com/products/list/tires_tubes_pumps_patches?page=2#product=10-095.... ETRTO 54-584. I am trying to figure out if I can squeeze a Neo up front. Any thoughts or experience in a rigid non-suspension corrected conversion?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.