Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...
Currently working on a Yeti AS R 7 build with a RS Boxxer r2c2 DC
and was looking for some input on a good quality stem selection, preferebly one which comes in WHITE...

thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
That's a lot of looking good before it leaves your house and then permanently looks like doo doo as soon as it gets dirty once. Beware white parts, especially saddles and grips.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
his dudeness said:
That's a lot of looking good before it leaves your house and then permanently looks like doo doo as soon as it gets dirty once. Beware white parts, especially saddles and grips.
I love it dirty like that.... but fact of the matter is, it'll look sweet preride clean, and even sweeter post-mudhole cacked like a dirty smore's marshmallow....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello ,

I'm also in market for high quality and light weight DH stem.

This is 125 grams stem, made by shimano, is this good ?

( one thing I dislike with this stem , they are build from 2 pieces : left and right. I'm concern with its strength if it compare with 1 piece design ).

·
Registered
90 Posts

·
Now with More Wood
2,964 Posts
phyco ref said:
I don't think I would trust that stem made by shimano at this point...

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240550

Last picture of the first post.
ZOMG!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
A mountainbike part that broke! Shimano must shut down it's factories immediately. Call CNN. Call the President.

:)

On the more serious note, I can't find fault with the Truvativ direct mount stem, after running it for nearly 2 years (other than it being the least blingy of all stems).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.