Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Big Paws on a Puppy!!
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.... GT Bikes

I was just checking out the pics of the various Interbike booths and noticed that GT Bikes has some fairly nice looking offerings for '07. The Peace, Peace 29er, and the Avalanche Expert look like solid bikes for the price. I know GT has gone downhill since they were gobbled up by Pacific or ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
<ST1:place w:st="on">Brunswick</ST1:place></st1:City> or whoever it was that bought the brand but I was just wondering if they've come around in terms of building a respectable bike. I have to tell you, the Peace 26er is very tempting. A few small upgrades (like better brakes) and it seems like it would be a nice bike with a decent foundation...

·
Haro Sonix LT VL120
813 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad about them even though they're with Mongoose. Even so they both put out nice bikes. I personally haven't owned a GT so I don't have any experiance with them but from what I've read they seem to be O.K.

David

·
No good in rock gardens..
4,439 Posts
I have an Avalanche 0.5 (tho not for much longer as I just sold it - updating - no probs with the bike) and a few of my buddies have I Drives. One of my friends sells GT from his shop here in Australia. (he has a Peace that he commutes on) They are a good value for money bike, and the triple triangle frame sets them apart from all the other cookie cutter hardtails out there. I had a look at the 07 carbon I Drive the other day - acres of nice carbon and pretty light for a 4 inch dually.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.