Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
CrgCrkRyder
2,373 Posts
Mine have been great

Mine have been great. I'd have to dig around to find out what model they are, but they have both velcro straps and shoe strings. The sole is Vibram like and grips well off the bike when you need traction. I am getting holes in the bottoms after 2 - 21/2 years of very regular riding so its time for a new pair. I'm thinking either Lake (I like their Virbram soles) ,or another pair of Settes would be OK too.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've ridden my sette elements($50 on pricepoint) for a year now. I ride almost every day in the summer. They show few signs of wear and as far as performance goes I've got no complaints. My advice is to buy them. I like them better than my last shoes which were $110 pearlizumis

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sette Epic MTB shoes

I've ridden a pair for about a year now and found them to be hot during the Florida summer/fall.
I don't think they are vented well as they absorb sweat and become water logged.
I also broke off a "lug" from the sole in the heel area.
If you get the ones with the ratcheting buckle be sure and remove the buckle screws and loctite them because they will come loose.(I used nail polish)
For me the size runs big also, but lots of room for wide feet.
With all that, I would probably buy them again.
I probably should write a review on them but haven't...wait, wait, I just did!

Tilos

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
I have the sette elements - so far they've been great. They felt narrow at first ( I have wide feet) but they broke in very quickly.I got the size 45 (US 11) and I normally wear a 10 1/2 in vans or most other shoes (some times 11 FWIW)
...As a matter of fact I have been quite pleased with any of the sette products I have gotten.:thumbsup:

·
WTF
292 Posts
I had some sette elements for a year and a half until i lost them:madman: I got some sidi's as a replacement. They run a little big in size, but they are still and comfortable. I recommend them, but they are a little on the heavy side, but at $50 they are an amazing value.

·
knock-knock...
577 Posts
ive got the elements, they have treated me quite well. they do run a titch big, but it is not a problem for me, just extra room for big socks!

id say get 'em, they are pretty sweet. ive got sette lock on grips, the shoes and a hydro pak and have been impressed by all of them. i think the string puller on one of the zippers on the hydro pack broke, but thats the only problem ive had. mmm duct tape

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I wore a pair of Sette Elements for about a year and a half until I stripped a cleat bolt and decided to upgrade to some Sidi's. The Elements were very stiff, comfortable, and durable. For the price, they are a great performer. I think you'll be happy with them:thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JSumner13 said:
I wore a pair of Sette Elements for about a year and a half until I stripped a cleat bolt and decided to upgrade to some Sidi's. The Elements were very stiff, comfortable, and durable. For the price, they are a great performer. I think you'll be happy with them:thumbsup:
I am far from a world-class rider, so I am pretty confident they are going to be more than adequate for my needs.

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
Bo55Diesel said:
I am far from a world-class rider, so I am pretty confident they are going to be more than adequate for my needs.
cool, let us know how it goes...hopefully it's humorous / embarrassing - like doing the 'horizontal track-stand' in front of a bunch of hotties on a packed college campus:thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
highdelll said:
cool, let us know how it goes...hopefully it's humorous / embarrassing - like doing the 'horizontal track-stand' in front of a bunch of hotties on a packed college campus:thumbsup:
I am in my last semester of grad school for my Master's, so it is very possible that I may fulfill your request.

For some reason I am having visions of not being able to unclip at an intersection and, in a flurry of grunting and fruitless leg yanking, crashing over to one side.

·
WTF
292 Posts
Bo55Diesel said:
I am in my last semester of grad school for my Master's, so it is very possible that I may fulfill your request.

For some reason I am having visions of not being able to unclip at an intersection and, in a flurry of grunting and fruitless leg yanking, crashing over to one side.
This is good for picking up a date if you fall and act hurt. Also works by locking up the front brakes, and tuck and roll. :thumbsup:

·
knock-knock...
577 Posts
Bo55Diesel said:
exactly what happened to me on my first clipped in ride on the way to the trails. i had the trackstand going through the entire light, and in the transfer from that to going, i got off balance, went right over on my side, maybe 15-20 cars were there. i high-tailed it outta there needless to say. i also had a habit the first few rides of getting my front tire over a log, catching/not getting my back tire over and going right over. good times :thumbsup:

·
~Disc~Golf~
16,496 Posts
I haven't actually seen one, but they gotta look hilarious. It's so slow motion.
One of my lamest ones (apparently one of the funniest) happened 1/2 hour after I got mine on the bike. I was rollin' around the 'hood, practicing clippin' in and out - every thing was goin' fine.I rolled up to my house on the lawn where my next door neighbors were waitin 'with a beer. I easily unclipped my dominant resting foot (left) and stopped without fanfare. One of my neighbors hands me a beer (he's to my right).
After I grabbed it, I kinda wiggled a little and S L O W L Y lost my balance to the right. - My right foot was still clipped in.
I hopped and hopped and hopped and hopped as my brain went " oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t oh sh!t " . I had what must of looked a mini-seizure as the ground came up to meet me.
I landed with an 'ummmpf' and was quickly coated from the mist from my other neighbors beer spit-take. They laughed (as I did too) for a good 5-10 minutes.
I DID NOT however , spill a single drop of mah birr!! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.