Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend some good knee and/or elbow pads for my 4 yr old daughter. She is pretty tentative in learning her bike and she has asked me a couple times to get her some pads. I think it will go a long ways for her confidence. Everything seems so bulky or just a hunk of plastic. Can anyone recommend anything that is comfortable like a sleeve? She is only 32lbs so pretty small.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
8,331 Posts
does this work ?

otherwise sew up your own set.
parents have made and sewn kids clothes since the beginning of time....it's what parents do

·
Administrator
12,439 Posts
When my kids were young i had them wear soccer shin guards for the lower body and we just didn't do arm guards. The shin guards were mostly to prevent the shin smash from pedals when walking with the bikes but it was totally helpful. They still prefer a shin guard style guard and we still avoid elbow pads.

·
Registered
297 Posts
g-form if she's just doing casual riding and nothing too aggressive. I just bought the IXS carve evo+ elbow/knee pads for my son for downhill biking. He used the g-forms for a bit but they dont do too much if you fall going downhill.

·
Registered
189 Posts
We love G-Form pads. My kids have been using them since they were 4 years old. I sewed a line along its length to reduce the size to fit, and have resewn them a couple times to fit as they've grown.

They are now 8 and 10. My oldest finally got a new bigger set this year. We also use them for hardcore Whistler Bike Park downhill riding and we find they offer sufficient protection - a 40-75 lbs child can only generate so much inertia even at high speeds.

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.