Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday we saw them...a guy and his kids drove in with 2 dirtbikes, a quad, and an oddesy buggy. We drove up and told them that they where not allowed there and the guy got a real attitude and started yelling and cursing at us calling us selfish $%#^^#&. So I drove on and we called the rangers and the troopers...the guy was a real ass. I was happy to be in my truck when I talked to him...it's like he was looking for a fight.

Does anyone know if they went out there and talked to them?

Tom

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Goobers Fvckin Svck!

I spoke to people who said a buggy and quad were ticketed on Sat. I was there on Sunday and witnessed (got plate) an idiot in a GM 4 door SUV with bed rooting around on the camp trail. Glad you took action. It seems the goobers have set their sights on the 909 this year. The Rangers help.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where they just going up to the campsite or going around the whole trail back out to the road?

Honestly I have driven to that campsite when the others are full...its a good site. There used to be some big spindles up there that made good tables for late night poker games...lol. I think there where some at the other campsite back on the Jeep trail between the 2 Gut Trails.

Tom

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
They were making it a loop from camp out to Anthill. They werent getting firewood, they were rooting around.
Devils advocate: First one guy drives past the NO MOTOR VEHICLES sign, widens it and leaves tracks. Then more people see what looks like a road and continue to use it. Now we've got a road and more people using an illegal camp site and leaving trash. Fact is, there's a girls jacket up there right now and lots of tissue paper blowing around. I liked it when that "site" was backcountry and people had to work to get to it.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yeah...Like I said I don't support 99.9% of where those guys are going...

There are a couple of other good hidden campsites in there though. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you :eek: lol

It annoys the hell out of me when people don't clean their campsites...we have often cleaned other peoples mess when we get to sites...then we clean our own. Once a ranger showed up to our campsite ready to yell at us for making a mess when he was the 3 (yes 3) black hefty bags full of trash...when he asked we told him the site was a mess when we got there so we cleaned it before we camped. He was VERY happy. Leave no trace...

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.