·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,359 Posts
That's cool.

What is the "Pass" in between Sunrise and Windgate on the tracing?

Not named in the course description. Was it a Quintuple bypass unknowingly?

·
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enel said:
What is the "Pass" in between Sunrise and Windgate on the tracing?
That "Pass" is a combination of a climb up Via Linda (on the road) and then a slog up a sh!t a$$ sandy jeep road. Lots of climbing there, but not a "pass" per-se.

Worst part of the ride IMHO.

Thx...Doug

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
dgangi said:
That "Pass" is a combination of a climb up Via Linda (on the road) and then a slog up a sh!t a$$ sandy jeep road. Lots of climbing there, but not a "pass" per-se.

Worst part of the ride IMHO.
Yep, that's it. Mostly the jeep road. It gains much more elevation than you think.

It was the worst part for me, also. Utterly demoralizing, cramps, low energy, etc. It just kept going and going...

But we can't call it another pass, IMO...

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
That's some pretty kewl data.

When I was looking at the summary data section, and saw top speed of 27.5 mph, the first thing that came to mind was...

hmmm, Eric musta been on a mission for a Payday Candy bar.

Then I looked at the chart details, and low and behold the max speed appears to be right before the Sag Wagon.

BTW, does this ride qualify as an Epic? Is there a proper definition for an Epic Ride?

Peace,

Sam

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
u2metoo said:
BTW, does this ride qualify as an Epic? Is there a proper definition for an Epic Ride?
I think it does. I once heard from Dale (epicrider) that it needs to be 5 or 6 hours to earn status as an "epic." Check...

·
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
u2metoo said:
No - this ride does not qualify as an Epic. No ride qualifies as an Epic because the word Epic has no meaning. It falls into the same category as words like "wholesome goodness" - words that have no definition but to justify the existence of a marketing person or classify the unclassifiable. Refer to Dirdir's post about MTB words that should be banned. Epic is on the list. Never utter it again. :nono:

However, this ride *does* qualify for "bad a$$ mofo of a ride" status. That sounds much better than Epic anyway... :p

Thx...Doug

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
dgangi said:
No - this ride does not qualify as an Epic. No ride qualifies as an Epic because the word Epic has no meaning. It falls into the same category as words like "wholesome goodness" - words that have no definition but to justify the existence of a marketing person or classify the unclassifiable. Refer to Dirdir's post about MTB words that should be banned. Epic is on the list. Never utter it again. :nono:

However, this ride *does* qualify for "bad a$$ mofo of a ride" status. That sounds much better than Epic anyway... :p

Thx...Doug
epic...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.