Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody... Craig, Dan, Help.. My Tpc Lefty 140 Is Leaking Oil Inside The Boots.. Could This Be Seal Problem? And Its Dripping Down To My Brakes, I Once Turn My Bike Upside Down Coz I Was Fixing The Wheels, And Was Too Busy To Finish It , Like I Left It For Days In That Positon And Found Out That Its Leaking Oil Via Rebound Knob. I Dont Know, I Hope Its Just Seal Problems And Nothing Major. So Far From Cannondale And Cyclesmith. Anyways, If Your Too Kind Too Show Or Illustrate How To Replace A Quad Seal I Would Appreciate It So Much. Love The Fork..

I Have A 06 Lefty Max Tpc. Does This Have The New Quad Seal Already?

Thank You So Much Guys.. I Hope I Can Fix This..

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,484 Posts
Okay, busy day today, I don't have a bunch of time. Sounds like a quad seal to me. Issue is going to be, getting a seal first, the work is easy. Follow the instructions on the "Swapping out FFD to TPC on a Lefty Max" thread that Prodigalcyclist started, it's still on the first page. The only different thing you need to do is access the seal. You simply pull the black cap (the one that seals the oil into the leg, not the top, outer cap) off of the rebound shaft, it's inside that cap. Replace, and finish up. Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: thanks a lot man.. i already place an order for the seal kit. i will email you if im goin to have problems.. hope it would be ok.. wish me luck.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.