Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to view my strava/segments/map stats on my bars using my iPhone hooked up on my bars with a quad lock mount. I also want to use apple watch to gather my heart rate info. Another important phone feature that I always use the the strava beacon.

Sooo how can I send a beacon, view my strava map on my phone while the watch is collecting heart rate data?

·
Sneaker man
3,430 Posts
DOn't you just set all that up in settings, then fire up the app and press start? Beacon settings are under settings/beacon, watch is probably set up in your phone settings and the map and stuff is just "there" when you go. Although I admit could be wrong as I don't use the phone app very often, but that seems to be how it works.

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
DOn't you just set all that up in settings, then fire up the app and press start? Beacon settings are under settings/beacon, watch is probably set up in your phone settings and the map and stuff is just "there" when you go. Although I admit could be wrong as I don't use the phone app very often, but that seems to be how it works.
That's exactly how it works, I was going to post earlier but I'm sort of dumb on GPS subjects.

When you hit Start it comes up if you want to send the text, send it and go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I start starva from my phone the Heart rate won't record. If I start strava from my watch I can't view the maps/segments on my phone. Is there something I'm missing? What I have to do now is start strava on my watch then start strava on the phone to see the segments and my stats. When I'm finished with my ride I only save the watch version since it has my heart rate info. This is very clunky...

·
Registered
141 Posts
You can’t I usually just run both and delete the one on my phone. It’s a bad design and I didn’t realize it when I brought it. The adds made it look like you could do it from the watch. The Strava watch app is really basic 😕

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I run Strava via my watch but I don't pay that much attention to segments during my ride.

I wish the Trail Forks App was compatible with my watch. Watch notifications similar to how the navigation app works would be awesome. I create routes in new places in TF fairly regularly and getting my phone out constantly gets annoying.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can confirm that you'll have to run strava on both the watch and phone. I also have a Garmin 830 with a Wahoo chest HR monitor and the Wahoo will also transit data to my iphone Strava so it'll record HR. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to record and view data with the minimal number of devices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts