Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Q's bout ta weather?

753 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Casual Observer 
#1 ·
What's the weather like for a Globe run Christmas week?

and/or

Any good shuttle trails in Tuscon?

Anybody got free time for a slacker's ride?

#4 ·
Wx up on Bill Williams Mtn was fine last weekend. I know they are still riding flagstaff too.

It will be chilly, below freezing to start with, and probably not too much above in the day time (I'd say around 40-45 degrees at 7000 feet), Certainly do-able, dress warm and in the morning and in places that are in shade all day it will definitely be cold, but due to the conditions right now I'd expect some great weather up there. If the high elevations around here (7000-9000) are any indication, it's still good for riding.

#9 ·
Ouch! :) I come out of lurk mode, and this is the treatment I get! :p

Hey, he's going to let me borrow his super sweet Cannondale tandem and I'm stoked...literally...

If you're not careful, I'll ride down to Mesa and pick up you're sorry a$$ for a ride. I need some dead weight to haul around for 24HOP training. :D Whats you're weight now, anyways? I've dropped 15 lbs since I quit working. :cool:

.downhillfaster. said:
Hardly. :rolleyes: Walt knows what game he was trying to play, why don't you just go back to lurking & let Gordon do your talking for you :D , it works out better that way.

#10 ·
.downhillfaster. said:
Bring it on, big boi :p

I'm holding steady at about 170 - 172, depending on if I am home or travelling...I think I can still get to 160 if I really wanted to.

I think Dirdir has actually GAINED weight...
Yea, I have. I am a fat pig. However, XC Riding: Dirdir>Riggs; Money Earning: Dirdir>Riggs; Punk Rock Knowledge: Dirdir>Riggs; Good Looks: Dirdir>Riggs; Personal Endowment: Dirdir>Riggs

I can go on.

#11 ·
NICE! I've been floating around 180-185. When I did the body fat analysis on Aug 1st, I was 197 (24% body fat) To get to 15% body fat (ideally) I would need to be down to 177. 10% body fat (which I think would make me too thin) would require me to get down to 167.

I'm happy you didn't suffer any ill effects of dropping all that weight in that relatively short period of time.

I MAY need a stoker for the Casa Grande Century... on second thought, maybe I should ask Dirdir... :D

.downhillfaster. said:
Bring it on, big boi :p

I'm holding steady at about 170 - 172, depending on if I am home or travelling...I think I can still get to 160 if I really wanted to.

I think Dirdir has actually GAINED weight...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.