Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a weekend in Nashville with the family and the in-laws. Riding will NOT be the focus, but I might be able to sneak away for an hour or two Sat and Sun morning.

We'll be staying near the airport. By distance, it looks like I could easily ride to Hamilton Creek. I've done Jackfork near Little Rock without a problem (although I was dead tired after a lap), and I'm looking forward to a good ride at Hamilton.

Is it safe to ride on Elm Hill Pike and Bell Road on weekend mornings or should I just drive to the trailhead?

Second, will Hamilton Creek even be open? I saw this link: Sorba Mid TN Trails . It shows every trail in Nashville closed, but that looks due to the rains we got last Sat/Sun. It looks like this weekend will be nice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
hammy will be a crap shoot, but most likely good to go. i would not ride my bike to the trail.

lots of rock and no real flow. a couple of very easy rock drops and a handful of rock problems to climb. not much in the way of climbing or descending, but slowish going b/c of rock gardens. my favorite trail in nashville.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.