Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just finishing up the install and not sure about the position of the crowns on the sanction tubes.
This is the current setup:

There is 1" from the top crown to the top of the sanction and about 5.5" of distance from the bottom crown to the fork start.

What factors determine the position of the crowns?

The bike is setup for freeride/aggresive trail riding, not really into jumps or hucking stuff and I will be climbing up most trails I ride down (no shuttles or lifts).
My understanding is that I want to have a decreased head angle for climbing so the bike doesnt want to wheelie going up.
However with the e.13 stem I am using the handle bar height is also lowered.

I havent finished the bike yet, I am going to go for a ride this weekend and see how it feels but I am not sure what I should look for when I am tweaking these last few things.
I am also probably going to get a different handlebar so I could get a handlebar that has a higher rise to compensate if I want to drop the crowns further down the sanction tubes.

fork is a boxxer ride on a SC heckler with 5th element coil with 5" of rear travel. getting a dhx coil 2.25" stroke when funds allow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.