Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
PSYCHOLUST
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've noticed that some wheel manufacturers have avalible an "adapter" or "end caps" that allow running a QR15 hub on a 9mm QR fork.

So now I am thinking:
As the ends of a QR15 hub are obviously built to a STANDARD and the end caps or adapters obviously meet the 9mm QR standard, would it not stand to reason that an adapter made by/for any brand of hub would fit any other brand of hub?

eg: using MAVIC QR plugs on my Giant Tracker QR15 hub

Anyone tried?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
scyule said:
would it not stand to reason that an adapter made by/for any brand of hub would fit any other brand of hub?

eg: using MAVIC QR plugs on my Giant Tracker QR15 hub
Not impossible but unlikely.

Hope and Novatech adapters certainly do not work in each other's hubs.

The axle standards only cover diametre and width (9x100, 15x100, 20x110), what the end caps actually fit into is entirely up to the hub manufacturer. Also, not all end caps fit the same way, some use C-clips, some are press fit etc.

It's not beyond impossible that some brands of hub have interchangeable ends. Any Novatech hub (See On One, Superstar, Fire Eye, maybe Nuke Proof) is probably interchangable internally. But honestly for the few bucks a set of converters costs I'm not willing to try it.

·
meow meow
10,622 Posts
in theroy yeah but youd be building out too, a 15mm hub with an other brands qr plugs may make the hub wider than 110mm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts