Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Have I missed anything other than the Hope II adapters for this new standard? I'm about to do a bike build and think 20 mm. is overkill for my not 150 pounds, but of course find the marketing copy on stiffness and weight tempting.

FWIW: I am leaning toward the TALAS because of the instant height change.

Thank you for any input and opinions.

WJL

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
the 15mm standard if you ask me is a total waste of time. It's good to see people falling for it throught the marketing :rolleyes:

It's flexier than 20mm and heavier than Rockshox's Maxle light. Magura now use Maxle too so you could look at those.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tiffster said:
the 15mm standard if you ask me is a total waste of time. It's good to see people falling for it throught the marketing :rolleyes:

It's flexier than 20mm and heavier than Rockshox's Maxle light. Magura now use Maxle too so you could look at those.
Thanks. The Wotan looks pretty good, but it's heavier and has more travel than I need. Thus, where the 15QR has some appeal in theory. There seems to be little bad said about Pikes, but I'm spoiled by instant travel adjust with ETA and even the Pike lighter than the Wotan will be more weight than a TALAS with new 15 QR or conventional QR.

For the moment at hand it seems hard to ignore the value and weight of conventional axle and TALAS being available in bike kits. I appreciate the insights and will have some more fun looking at what's out there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all.

I was sure more options would be coming but still question the cost to benefit ratio when I don't weigh a lot. I say cost to benefit because I gain a lot of value via going with fork and wheels via the bike build kit. I also like the idea of an adjustable seat post where weigh and money saved could be applied to it.

Thanks again, and I'll have fun thinking about all the possibilities before I pull the trigger in coming days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.