Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry for the simple question posts...
what size quick release seatpost clamp do I need, I know the seatpost size is 31.6, but I haven't seen a seatpost clamp by either Hope or Salsa that size.....

thanks

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
ryman said:
sorry for the simple question posts...
what size quick release seatpost clamp do I need, I know the seatpost size is 31.6, but I haven't seen a seatpost clamp by either Hope or Salsa that size.....

thanks
34.9mm is what Ricness was trying to say. I would try the IRD Tail Fin over the Salsa or Hope.

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Homebrew said:
34.9mm is what Ricness was trying to say. I would try the IRD Tail Fin over the Salsa or Hope.
thanks for reading my mind guys

I'm on a 2001 Switchblade

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Wait A Second!!!

ryman said:
thanks for reading my mind guys

I'm on a 2001 Switchblade
The 2001 Switchblade had a 27.2 seatpost, at least mine did. I think you would need a 31.8 seat collar for that (not absolutely sure but pretty sure). Only 2003 and up SBs have 31.6.

·
Tonight we ride.
769 Posts
Homebrew said:
I second that. I upgraded to a Tailfin from the Salsa this past Spring, and it is definitely worth the higher price vs Salsa. My seatpost has not slipped once in the months I have been using it, unlike with the Salsa, which was a regular event. It's all in the cam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts