Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hope sport front hub and want some new 20mm thru axle forks. Is it possible to convert my current hub to take the thru axle or do i have to get a new hub which is compatible with the fork? Please Help!

·
Registered
314 Posts
bist_roo said:
I have a Hope sport front hub and want some new 20mm thru axle forks. Is it possible to convert my current hub to take the thru axle or do i have to get a new hub which is compatible with the fork? Please Help!
can an elephant do a chicken :D ?
sorry, i just had to

the answer is no. you can go the other way around, but there is no way in hell
you will put a 20mm axle into a 9mm hole

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
"i just made a complete full of myself, havent i?
now that ive read your title, i can honestly say i dont know
"

Hahaha!! Respect, man! You could have just gone back and edited your first post, although then we wouldn't have the pleasure of your most eloquent, although, of course incorrect, 'elephant/chicken' comparison.

To the OP, as far as I know, the only difference between the QR20 and the 20mm bolt-on is the axle itself. As long as the hub and fork will accept a 20mm axle, you can use QR20 or standard 20mm.

And I'm still laughing...

·
Banned
4,278 Posts
Here's the deal: It depends on whether Hope makes a conversion kit for your hub.

Hope makes a 9mm to 20mm conversion kit for the Pro II and bulb (I think) hubs that allow you to go from a QR up front to a 20mm Thru axle. I have a set of Hopes and am doing the switch over next week.

Having never heard of the Sport hub, your best bet is to fire off an e-mail to Hope and see what they say. Worst case, you end up buying another hub/wheel.

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
This thread is not about standard quick release (QR)...

White Line Black Monochrome Grey

It's about the 20mm bolt-through hub systems which are typically, but not exclusively, found on DH/FR bikes.

Bolt-on 20mm axle....

White Line Black Grey Monochrome

QR20 axle...

Line Rectangle Cylinder Silver Nickel

No conversion is required to go from QR20 to standard 20mm on a 110mm x 20mm hub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.