Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want a new shock for my Intense Spider (M)

a) Do I need new reducers when I switch from the Float AVA to a Float RP3 (RP23)?
b) How is the internal ProPedal setting set by Fox for the Spider? Some shocks are preset on demand of the manufacturer of the bike. There i is a small icon with three bars on the air sleeve that shows either LightPP , MediumPP or FirmPP
c) Do I need a shock with a PP platform? The Float AVA RL works well, but I want to shave off some weight!

Any advice?

Thanks
tacoma

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
tacoma said:
I want a new shock for my Intense Spider (M)

a) Do I need new reducers when I switch from the Float AVA to a Float RP3 (RP23)?
b) How is the internal ProPedal setting set by Fox for the Spider? Some shocks are preset on demand of the manufacturer of the bike. There i is a small icon with three bars on the air sleeve that shows either LightPP , MediumPP or FirmPP
c) Do I need a shock with a PP platform? The Float AVA RL works well, but I want to shave off some weight!

Any advice?

Thanks
tacoma
Ypu might want to send that AVA to PUSH. They'll add a platfrom and the AVA comes back better than new.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I replaced my manitou 3ways by a DT SSD 210 on my spider! and this is the best upgrade to date on my bike . The weight gain is significative (230g with bushes) and the VPP is more sensitive an linear now with no impact on bobing.
The DT SSD190 is 20g lighter over the 210 with the same performance

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well babar,
I will give a thought to the SSD 190 because weight is under 200g. But I haven't seen any
DT Swiss shock on a spider. If it works as plush as the Floats (with the PP switched off) it would be my choice. I'm no fan of a PP-shock on a VPP-bike. I like playing with the lockout lever ;)

tacoma

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
You can use the same reducers for the RP3 but if you're ordering a new shock its usually a good idea to include a new set of reducers since they are really cheap. The retail RP3 with the PP turned all the way down is very similar in feel to the AVA. Its slightly better actually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.