Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I want that one
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just mounted a new to me (very slightly used from ebay) 06' F100 RLT on my Flux and noticed that is squeaks when rebounding. Is this normal? It does it when open or locked with light treshold. Every thing else seems to work fine, tracks very nicely and feels nice n' plush. I have it setup with 75 psi for a 160 lbs rider, 20 mm of sag and rebound 5 clicks from full slow.
Thanks, Peter.

·
Registered
413 Posts
EDIT: Sorry, just read the whole thing before shooting a reply from the hip. I'd lube the QR first, just to see if the easy fix doesn't solve it. Then try oiling the stanchions and cycling the fork a few times. If that doesn't work, you might have to open 'er up.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yep, mine squeaks too

My 06' F100 RLT squeaks a little bit on compression but it is not that noticeable.

I weigh 172 lbs with gear and run 70 lbs (on my Fox shock pump) to get 95mm of travel. Most rides I only get 90mm of travel out of it. I haven't changed the oil yet so I am hoping it will get a bit smoother after that.

·
WIRVNTANASHRSH?
228 Posts
I think this is normal. I've ridden on a bunch of Fox forks (Float, F100, Talas) and they all make some sort of noise. I would describe it as more of a swish than a squeak though. Just feel lucky that your doesn't have a loud creak (yet).

oh ya... how could I forget the mandatory response to any Fox fork/shock problem: Send it to push!

climr

·
I want that one
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
climr said:
I think this is normal. I've ridden on a bunch of Fox forks (Float, F100, Talas) and they all make some sort of noise. I would describe it as more of a swish than a squeak though. Just feel lucky that your doesn't have a loud creak (yet).

oh ya... how could I forget the mandatory response to any Fox fork/shock problem: Send it to push!

climr
i guess you could call it a swish, kind of a squeaky swish maybe.. i guess ill wait till i get the creaks and then service it :)

thanks for the responses

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.