Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
******ed or Branded??
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get flamed on, this isn't really what tire I should run. I'm just wondering about this two different layup from schwable.

Looking for some insight between the snakeskin and the supergravity. Is the supergravity a bit of an overkill or can one get away with just the snakeskin. Between the two there is "about" 2lb difference per set of tires. So wondering if anyone has any experience between them. Also if the supergravity is not that bad of a tire to be pedaling around.
I mainly ride chunky, sharp trails. So would I need to go supergravity or can I get away with a snakeskin.

Thanks in advance.

PS. this is also a crossover question from the wheel/tire forums.

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
You would want supergravity, its how they are getting around having a wire bead.

With that being said I have run most of the schwalbe DH tires and the wire bead wicked will takes the cake. They are discontinued but have a lot of back stock just weren't popular to the masses as they are meant for desert riding. (hard pack with loose surface sand)

Right now I have the Rock Razor and Hans dampf in super gravity with folding bead for DH. I haven't had one issue with a burp and I've dented the rim.

However the wicked wills are much smoother on south mountain and bootleg. The setup I have now seems awesome on more flowy stuff and is lighter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts