Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have info on the Q-Lite hubs Salsa spec'd on the El Mariachi complete?

Weight? Quality? Cartridge Bearings? Replaceable?

Looks like a great build on a great frame. The hubs seem to be the only unknown for me.

Thanks in advance for any information.

·
rider
2,356 Posts
polkbar said:
Anyone have info on the Q-Lite hubs Salsa spec'd on the El Mariachi complete?

Weight? Quality? Cartridge Bearings? Replaceable?

Looks like a great build on a great frame. The hubs seem to be the only unknown for me.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Just call Salsa, I'msure the would be happy to fill you in...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Hey all,

As Jason is out in Sunny Arizona carving up some dirt and spending time with the family unit, I thought I would write a quick response myself. Here is some info on the hubs that we are using on the complete Mariachi bikes.

Rear:
340g
6 pawl freehub
sealed bearing (They are replaceable but I honestly don't know the bearing number. Stamped on the bearing when you pull it out though so easy to find if/when you need it)

Front:
150.7g
Sealed bearing

As for the durability we've been riding them for awhile now and have been very happy with the way that they perform. Good positive engagement and smooth. We are going to be ordering some replacement parts (like freehub bodies and such) that your local shop will be able to order from our distributor QBP.

Hopefully that helps.

Bobby
Salsa Cycles
Authorized Dealer guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.