Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a frame only i'll be building up (after i pick it up wednesday!) and i have one question:

what size is the seat clamp?

the on-one site sells an on-one seat clamp that is a 29.8mm, so i'm assuming it is that size. if so, i think i have something that will work. yes, i know the post is 27.2mm. all my parts from the previous crosscheck frame should swap over fairly easy. i just want to be sure i grab the right size clamp!

and any other quirks/oddities about the frame to build up you might want to add?

thanks!

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. Funny question then :)

30mm works too.
yeah, it seemed silly, but.....

ya know how it is. i've got a 30mm sitting around that i'd planned to use. like i said, it looked like 29.8 was the right size, but just really wanted to make sure.

so i can build it up with (hopefully) no snags or emergency trips to the LBS needed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
scrublover said:
and any other quirks/oddities about the frame to build up you might want to add?
thanks!
Nope, built mine right out of the box, didn't need any facing or reaming and it hasn't ever given me any issues. I did treat it generously with JP Weigels Framesaver before building, which is probably a good idea what with all the entry points for racks and fenders. I love my baby blue Pompino.

·
8,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
32seventeen said:
Why switch from a Surly Crosscheck to a On One il Pompino? Inquiring minds want to know? :rolleyes:
no big reason. just wanted something different!

i will admit to part of it being aesthetics. i think the pompino frame looks waaaaaay the h#ll better than the crosscheck. no offense to the surly guys.

when i built the cross-x, i thought i'd want something with a mech hanger, for the desire for gears. in two years, i've not even been tempted to put gears on, so a mech hangered frame was not a big deal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Probably the only thing that bugs me about my blowjob frame is the cable housing routing for the rear brake. Depending on how you do it, you either end up with an ugly adapter attached to the seatstays, or a really short, twisted piece of housing that goes to your seat clamp.

So as a solution, I just don't have a rear brake

Other than that, the blowjob is an amazing frame that will serve you well.

Oh yeah, you have the seat clamp sizing right, as others have said..

·
Registered
459 Posts
scrublover said:
i will admit to part of it being aesthetics. i think the pompino frame looks waaaaaay the h#ll better than the crosscheck. no offense to the surly guys.
I agree with you. I have a black crosscheck, and I never have liked the look of that frame.
Is your on one baby blue? I love that color. Post some pics when you get it built.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.