Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some mountain bike pedals with the lowest q-factor. I'm currently using egg beater sl's and an xt crank. I was using a bontranger crank and the q-factor was fine but when I switched to the XT crank my knees started hurting. I like the shifting of the XT and the wight savings but the q-factor is killing me. Does anybody think the the with of the XT cranks is too wide? Will new pedals help?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try the premium crank brothers cleats first. They allow lateral (side/side) and forward/back adjustment. If moving the lateral position in helps, but you need more look at the short spindle upgrade available in ss or ti depending on your weight. I had xt cranks and they are a bit wider, but strong. I was pleased with the changes using short spindles and the premium cleat. (cheaper too)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just in case somebody else has a q-factor problem. Try new shoes! My shoes had such wide heals that they kept hitting the crank. I got new shoes (Sidi) and now the q-factor is better. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.