Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Powered by ice cream.
6,355 Posts
One more, clearance looks decent. The top two are exiwolfs, then two IRC tires, then Maxxis.

This frame would be my choice over a karate monkey for sure.

Here is the Nano.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
well, great pics, plenty of clearance, thats fine :)
Just selling few 26" part, and i'll pull the trigger and try the 29" :p

·
Registered
73 Posts
mosquitos said:
Anyone has bought one and have some pics to share :skep: :p
I just picked one up this week - frame and matching fork. I'm lucky and live nearby where they're made. Working on building it up - might be a week or so. This will be my first 29 and I'm anxious to get it up and running. It will also be my first disc brake set up too. All kinds of new stuff for me, but it will still have Suntour thumbshifters :)
The welds are smooth and tight. Nice basic black paint job. Can't beat it for handmade USA steel. I'll post some pics when done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
JohnnyH said:
I just picked one up this week - frame and matching fork. I'm lucky and live nearby where they're made. Working on building it up - might be a week or so. This will be my first 29 and I'm anxious to get it up and running. It will also be my first disc brake set up too. All kinds of new stuff for me, but it will still have Suntour thumbshifters :)
The welds are smooth and tight. Nice basic black paint job. Can't beat it for handmade USA steel. I'll post some pics when done.
any further information about size? weight of frame and fork?
thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
JohnnyH said:
I have a Large/20". Weighed just over 5lbs, fork 2.5 lbs with full length steerer.
great weight saving over a KM :thumbsup:
can't wait to see the final spec' :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's not unusual to see bridgeless chainstays, I believe. My Bontrager didn't have them, my Lemond cx bike doesn't either.

·
Training in Mexico
160 Posts
Chainstay bridges are not needed on bikes, they offer very little in terms of additional side to side rigidity.

BTW Scott is one hell of a cyclist, one of the top five at any race in Michigan.

·
I like endos
493 Posts
I might have to pick one of those up to setup next to

the Monocog. Two 4130 29ers that can be set up SS or Geared (MC with tensioner hanger) with sussy corrected unicrown forks? I'm drooling on my keyboard. Cool looking bike too.

·
I like endos
493 Posts
poor man's mary

there's some bar people (Cloxxi?) are always calling the "Poor Man's Mary". What is it?

·
I like endos
493 Posts
Sorry

ParkerFly said:
there's some bar people (Cloxxi?) are always calling the "Poor Man's Mary". What is it?
I meant to post this as a new thread.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's pictures of the final Q Ball build. Nothing fancy at all - just stuff that works. It was a great way for me to get out and try a 29 for the first time. Only a couple rides so far, but I enjoy it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Q came out very nice! Have fun on it.
JohnnyH said:
Here's pictures of the final Q Ball build. Nothing fancy at all - just stuff that works. It was a great way for me to get out and try a 29 for the first time. Only a couple rides so far, but I enjoy it.

21 - 40 of 87 Posts