Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building up a new bike for my small GF to gradually bring her into more serious trail riding (in PA for now). would the pythons be good for this? she'll still do a fair share of park riding and one of the goals is to keep this new bike on the lighter side. is it worth putting a 2.3 up front for more stability? is there another tire that would be better suited?

·
Eat the Earth
182 Posts
yup! WTB Epic Wolfs 2.1 - high volume, low profile, fast, crazy cornering, just slightly heavier than the Pythons and hook up on everything but the deepest mud... you won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool I will check it out. those tires look pretty meaty, but you say they roll well? I seem to hear good things about the pythons, but to me that tread looks a little weak. I guess looks can be deceiving.

·
Eat the Earth
182 Posts
I have both. Just got my Python Air lights in the mail yesterday from PricePoint (great deals there now on tires by the way). Haven't tried 'em yet but they look similar to the Epic Wolfs. Just lighter, even lower profile, and the rubber isn't as soft as the Epics. We'll see...? I just know that the Epics are the best tires I've ever owned. Panaracer Cinders are nice too but just too heavy and Knobbie for what I want...

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
The ExiWolf (EpicWolf) would be better for a beginner to learn on.

The Python is a very good tire but works better for an experienced rider, especially in corners.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.