Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tryed Python Tubeless Ready tires and do you need to fill the first time w Co2 to activate the sealant?? I usually run Stans w good results Thanks Rick

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Actually, if you inflate with co2 you can freeze the stans and render is useless. Just put the stans in, pump it up, spin it, tilt it, flip it on its side and you will be good to go.

If you must us co2 to inflate, put the valve at the top of the wheel and let the stans go to the bottom.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
filling with CO2

I read someplace that there is a latex that comes in the tubless ready Pythons that needs to be activated with CO2.I thought this was strange also.I have been using Stans in my Kenda tires and he says not to use CO2.

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Its the sealant that comes in the Hutchinson Fast Air that supposedly needs CO2 to activate. Stans does not require CO2. A couple of the guys on our team use the Python TR, and both say they needed a compressor to get it to seat the first time using Stans, although it can be done using soapy water and a floor pump if the wheel is not sitting on the ground.

Kevin

·
When can I ride?
62 Posts
I'm using the tubeless ready pythons with stans. I didn't use CO2 and have not had any noticeable leaks in mine.

I did have to change out my stans last week when a leak didn't seal up. I found quarter sized spiky balls of rubber in each tire. I've had the tires for about 5 months now. Not sure if this is normal for stans or is specific to the tire.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Rockman11 said:
I read someplace that there is a latex that comes in the tubless ready Pythons that needs to be activated with CO2.I thought this was strange also.I have been using Stans in my Kenda tires and he says not to use CO2.
are you saying that the tire already has a sealant coating on it and the CO2 activates it? so the CO2 would then turn it to a liquid once the CO2 used... is that what you are asking/saying?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.