Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now I have got sometime on the bike, one word GREAT.
I tried them on singles, DH, climbs, fast 4x4 road, technical stuff and more.......

It's the best 4" frame I ever ride and believe me I Had most of the best ones.
As I said before it's not a pedaling machine like the Spider or other racing frames out there, It's not plush enough but all together it's just PERFECT.

I like it with 100 or 120 or 140 and even 165 fork up to the train.
I decided to leave it with 140 White Brothers and 100 R7 (490 A to C).

Sorry for the dirt on the bike (I really do ride it :p )
You can see the benchmark that I can compare to, it's an high one..........(It supposed to be last but the browser sent it up....sorry)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I know what you mean, I've ridden tons of bikes and I just haven't been able to find much fault with this thing. It is so much nicer to ride than my Nomad (that got so much positive press) that I'm getting rid of the SC.
Granted two different bikes but the quality of ride is just better with the Pyre.

Inteeresting fork choice BTW!

·
Registered
66 Posts
pyre

I happened to ride a pyre for over 2 weeks courtesy of Atty Goyo Larrazabal of Bike Town Cyclery, Makati, Philippines, ( he generously lent me a pyre frame) and I fully agree with your observation about the pyre. The rear is super stiff and there is no need to use the pro pedal even on steep ascent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.