Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Victim of Saddle Rage
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about coming the wrong way down the Soletol Forest Trail during the Puzzler. I didn't realize you were racing this weekend. Hope I didn't mess anyone up. Except for the wind, you really lucked out with the weather yesterday.

·
Not an O2 thief.
595 Posts
I was suprised to see so many people on rides that day. They obviously were not spectators as they didn't say a word or clap or anything when I passed them. The group on the west side seemed a bit annoyed.

How much better can we get the word out than 2 front page features in the local newspaper, a bazzillion posts on as many forums as we could find, and trail signs and flagging all over the course?

We really needed every mountain biker in El Paso who was not racing to help us that day. We lacked about 6 volunteers in crucial places. Luckily no one got seriously off course and nobody got seriously injured.

The Puzzler is not about the BMBA, the promoters, or rock star racers. It's about promoting the most awesome trails we have in town and preventing the 600,000 residents here from having the excuse that there is nothing to do in el paso.....so let's stay ugly and fat!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I came across three racers out by sotol forest (I also was going the opposite direction). I made sure to get out of the way well in advance so as to not ruin their momentum. I hate having to clip out when I'm "in the zone." Someday puzzler...someday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts