Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
greentounge said:
here it is my new x-5,extra large.
this bike has been such a thrill to ride.it really rocks my world.hope these pics work.
very sweet...but I need specs. I just stripped of a bunch of parts from a newly built bike I have and some of those parts are X.0 drivetrain....not sure if I will sell or keep em for my X-5. Are you using X.0 shifters or trigger shifters? I really dug the triggers on the XC bike for the brief time I had it.

cheers

·
Get your freak on!
2,696 Posts
FoShizzle said:
very sweet...but I need specs. I just stripped of a bunch of parts from a newly built bike I have and some of those parts are X.0 drivetrain....not sure if I will sell or keep em for my X-5. Are you using X.0 shifters or trigger shifters? I really dug the triggers on the XC bike for the brief time I had it.

cheers
WHAT?! You sold my bike?! :p

Thats a pretty sweet X5.. but we needs specs! :)

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
bike_freak said:
WHAT?! You sold my bike?! :p

Thats a pretty sweet X5.. but we needs specs! :)
actually, I did not sell it, I am borrowing a few of the parts from the Rocky Mountain and will be moving them over to a single speed (dont ask :) ).....I will be selling the wheels, and most of the stuff actually. I may sell the fork.....not decided yet, and I will be selling the Deus cranks as well.....pretty much most of it. Thing only had about 6-8 rides and I decided I only need 2 bikes now (trailbike and SS).

cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
build specs

so me im 6ft 2 and have long arms and legs,im 43 and have complete confidence in this rig to take as big a hit as im willing to take.and its so plush i can spend lots of time in the saddle.i built this ride with weight in mind.so i spent a bit extra to keep that down. in the end it came in at 31 lbs.but theirs a lot of frame to start with.
ive ridden it 6 times now and really think it came out better than expected.
heres the build
extra large x5 05,quad bearings
rp3 shock(pretty sweet)
manitou nixon super fork.(this was a tough decision.ultimetly went for weight and travel adjust as the selling points)
chris king hubs and head set,
mavic 823 front,819 rear,kenda nevegals,2.3 front ,2.1 rear.
race face deus crank(150 grams lighter than the atlas)
sram xo rear derailer,xt front,swisty shifters(still getting use to them)but they will shft under a good load very amazing.
shimano xt disks,200 in the front,160 in rear
thompson seatpost,thompson stem 5dgree rise bye 120 mm
thats it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.