Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Putoline hpx 2.5w / XTR 9120

785 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Reaperactual
Ordered a bottle of Putoline HPX 2.5w for my XTR 9120 brakes, Wondering what the proper steps should be, flushing out the old mineral fluid and putting in the putoline.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
I took the caliper off, took pads out then fitted a bleed block. I detached the hose from the frame, fully removed the caliper bleed nipple and the lever bleed port screw then let the original fluid drain out for an hour or so in a vertical position.

Then I replaced the caliper bleed nipple and left it open, filled up a lever funnel with Putoline, pumped it through and topped up the funnel again before it emptied to avoid sucking in air.

Next I did a caliper up bleed and pushed through a syringe full. By that point I could see there was no original fluid mixed in.

Just to make double sure I refilled the syringe and pushed another dose of Putoline in until I refilled the funnel again.
Ordered a bottle of Putoline HPX 2.5w for my XTR 9120 brakes, Wondering what the proper steps should be, flushing out the old mineral fluid and putting in the putoline.
The whole point of a bleed is to flush the old stuff out. Just bleed it like normal, it'll be fine.
The whole point of a bleed is to flush the old stuff out. Just bleed it like normal, it'll be fine.
Wow, I must have done it 'the hard way' then. 😬
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.