Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I just put down a deposit on a left over 2013 Tallboy LTc frame. I'm debating whether to just get a kit for it or build it up myself. There are some good deals out there on left over items.

I currently live in Edmonton which is pretty flat and the riding isn't apparently that spectacular. I'll be here for this summer and next. After that, I'll be moving back to the Okanagan which has a lot of rocky riding that I think the 29er will be well suited to.

Looking forward to getting it all together and learning from everyone on here.

·
SS in CO
613 Posts
what's the weight difference in the LTc and the LT frames? are they as close as the Rip9? just trying to figure out if the jump to carbon is worth the extra cash. (in the case of the Niner, I think not. it's like, 300 grams...)

currently trying to decide between the Niner or the SC.

J.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,596 Posts
what's the weight difference in the LTc and the LT frames? are they as close as the Rip9? just trying to figure out if the jump to carbon is worth the extra cash. (in the case of the Niner, I think not. it's like, 300 grams...)

currently trying to decide between the Niner or the SC.

J.

The XTR AM kit LTc is 27.35 lbs......the LTa with same build kit is 29.27 lbs.....so just under 2 lbs.

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
I actually heard Edmonton had some fairly nice stuff down in the River Valley, you should check it out and it's only about a 3.5 hour drive to Canmoore where they have more than 350km of trails, so a nice weekend get-a-way. My next trip away will be there and looking forward to exploring and seeing just what Alberta has to offer.

Think you'll be a happy camper with that, as to build the kit or just buy it, depends on if you know what you want and if the pre-built kit has it in. Personally I prefer to build as I like what I like and with careful shopping you can build as cheap or cheaper, but requires lots of patience to find the deals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts