Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put down 200 today on my first "real" bike. I am getting a giant talon 27.5 5. I know not the best bike, but a massive step up from the huffy i bought 6 years ago.before anyone chimes in with for X dollars more you could have stepped up to yadda yadda, or a used bike would be a better deal this was a fight with the little woman to spend this much. Im excited my ds crud is starting to come apart at the seams, plus it weighs about 47 pounds so its one heck of a workout to keep up with my buddies with nicer bikes. Im excited cant wait to get it and riding season to be in full swing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they are not very technical trails, but on a bike that crappy, heavy and with a wobbly fork they seem very difficult. Not to mention mine is a DS that is as flexible as a half cooked noodle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congrats!!! If it has two wheels and you like it that's what matters! I love running into the guys on the trail who have something to offer up about my rig. I just laugh and say I'm in the sun and having a blast, wish them a good day and head down the trail. Again congrats!

·
Bandit 29 FTW!!!
1,164 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Like others have said, if you're happy with it then don't knock it. It's an upgrade for you and that's what matters. Go ride the hell out of that thing and if you really like the bike then replace broken/worn out parts with newer better ones.

·
since 4/10/2009
35,305 Posts
congrats on the new bike! fyi, leaning the bike against the car like that is a recipe for scratching the paint (of the car). Ask me how many times I've scratched my car doing just that and I'll go into the garage and count the scratches for you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice whip

:D

Congratulations.

Last year I upgraded my 25 year old Jamis, rigid steel 40 Lbs 21 speed POS to a Talon and have the cost of the bike in upgrades done already.

The ride is really enjoyable coming off my Fred Flintstone bike. It's great being almost able to keep up on some climbs and actually pass other riders.

I donated the Jamis last week to make room in the Batcave.

Enjoy the T5-it looks great!!
2014 talon 275 5.

View attachment 880959

Got her from the shop and was on the trails 20 mins later. Light years better than the squal-mart BSO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.