Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
MCF said:
I have an '04 Talas RLC and thinking about getting it Pushed. The fork is pretty much new though. What can I actually expect?
Basically a totally different fork and feel (night & day difference). Much better damping, plusher, more rebound and compression control and lockout works as a platform. I love my Push'd TALAS RLC. Wouldn't trade it for any other 125-130mm production fork.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
MCF said:
I have an '04 Talas RLC and thinking about getting it Pushed. The fork is pretty much new though. What can I actually expect?
Good idea. Personally, I thought my 04 TALAS was crap in stock form compared to the Manitou Minute. But I bought it fully intending to send it to PUSH. I would recommend riding it for a month or so to get it broken in and get a feel for it stock. Then when you get it Pushed, you'll have an appreciation for the difference. Basically, it will dive and wallow less, take square hits better, be smoother on the small stuff, the lockout will be replaced with the far more useful platform, and overall be more controlled on trail. Go for it!

·
Groveland Trail Heads
1,897 Posts
Had my 04 Talas RLC

Homebrew said:
Good idea. Personally, I thought my 04 TALAS was crap in stock form compared to the Manitou Minute. But I bought it fully intending to send it to PUSH. I would recommend riding it for a month or so to get it broken in and get a feel for it stock. Then when you get it Pushed, you'll have an appreciation for the difference. Basically, it will dive and wallow less, take square hits better, be smoother on the small stuff, the lockout will be replaced with the far more useful platform, and overall be more controlled on trail. Go for it!
push'd this past May. I totally agree with everything that Homebrew and SCUBAPRO have stated. Do it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.