Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '03 Talas Fork had the full Push treatment last December and recently started leaking oil on the Talas side stantion every ride. Its not a lot of oil, but its definately there. So far I have not seen a change in the forks performance but assume its comming.

I'm wondering if it should just keep riding the fork as is (I'm planning on replacing the fork in the next 3-4 months) untill I notice a change in performance or if I should replace the seals now. Since it was done less than a year ago and I'm planning on retiring the fork in the next few months, I don't really want to spend the $$ on another full Push factory rebuild, but I want to keep it in working order none the less.

I've thought about Enduro seals (or finding some fox seals) but I don't know how hard it is to change the seals on a Talas Fork myself?

I've email Push hoping they could help, but have not heard back yet.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I was leaning towards doing.

I'm a little worried I starting to see more oil, but just need to wait and see. I kinda figured as long as there is no change in performance I should be OK.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
I wouldn't worry about it.
The Fox seals are designed to let a little oil through. If the amount of oil appears "excessive" or if you notice any change in performance then get the seals replaced.
My PUSHed Vanilla got the 05 seals. Now they work so good, the right side squeeks, so I have to put some oil under the lip to keep it from squeeking!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if I got the '04 or '05 seals but I never had any trouble with the '03's. Other than the Seals the forks performance is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.