Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any of you, previous 575 model owners, have their fox float PUSHed?

I just need a few opinions if it is worth having mine (08 rp23) pushed for my 07 575...
I ride "aggressive xc", mostly trails, with rare small drops (<1.5 feet-0.5m).
So far i find the bike behave awsome...I weight ~80 kg-175lbs, and I have the shock at 175psi, which gives a sag at about 20% (quite firm, in order to avoid bottoming out)...
I find this to be the "sweet spot" but I just keep wondering....
Should I go for it?

I read that it made a juge difference with the 08 575, but what about the old one?
Any comments would be appreciated...

·
EDR
10,037 Posts
I'd say that if you have complaints about the current set up then I would go for it. If you are happy with it then don't waste the money.

For me it was well worth it ('08 bike) b/c I could never get the bikes sag/firmness/PP settings to ever align so that I was happy. With proper sag it always wallowed too much with PP off and was too firm and choppy with the lightest PP setting activated. I weigh more than you, ride more aggressive terrain and drop bigger, but even on the xc trails I had the same complaints. Again, if you don't have any of these types of complaints I think you'd be better off keeping that money in your pocket.

·
trail "cleaner"
1,382 Posts
yes... do it.

Both of my 575's are "pushed" .. '05 with the RP3 as well as my 08 with the RP23. The small bump compliance and better traction will be had with the Pushed shock on the earlier 575's. In the rough stuff, it'll seem almost bottomless travel. Very pleased with the results on my two bikes:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do it.

I rode my 2005 575 with the stock RP3 for 3 years and I thought it was great. I finally had the shock pushed a couple months ago and it is even better. Like the other guy said, better with small bumps, better traction, smoother. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I will have to plan having my shock pushed.....
thanks guys for the answers.

merry Xmas & happy new year.keep riding

·
EDR
10,037 Posts
287sds said:
Has anyone had Fox RP23 2009 Pushed yet? Is there any need to have one Pushed? Did Fox upgrade?
Thanks
PUSH custom tunes the valving to your riding style,your bikes supspension design and your weight. Fox produces valving that tries to satisfy the average weighted rider who rides average type of trails and on the average bike. In that regard there is almost always a need to PUSH your shock. It's not mandatory, it's just that custom is better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts