Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
lzyboy said:
Hi all,
I'm thinking of getting a coil shock for my dw spot & looking at a Push MX tune shock.

I can get an 09 vannilla r for cheap but my question is, is there any difference between a vanilla r and if I use a dhx coil for the mx tune?
Van R is a great way to go.

I think the only difference is the Boost valve, which I think becomes a moot point with the MX Tune/Push mods. Push will pressurize the Van R with Nitrogen, just as they would the DHX C. I don't think the boost valve pressure is adjustable anymore on the DHX C after Push mods. So they may become essentially the same shock after Push is done with it.

Good Luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
S-Works said:
Van R is a great way to go.

I think the only difference is the Boost valve, which I think becomes a moot point with the MX Tune/Push mods. Push will pressurize the Van R with Nitrogen, just as they would the DHX C. I don't think the boost valve pressure is adjustable anymore on the DHX C after Push mods. So they may become essentially the same shock after Push is done with it.

Good Luck!
Thanks S-Works! Thats exactly what i wanted to hear! Now if only Pushed would hurry up and get the MX Tune available to us again! I'm happy to lay down the $$$ now to ensure I dont miss the next round! Any updates on how MX Tune is coming along Darren!?! :)

A 7.5" x 2" CCDB has showed up on a local forum here in Australia ... I'm tempted by that as well.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
lzyboy said:
Now if only Pushed would hurry up and get the MX Tune available to us again! I'm happy to lay down the $$$ now to ensure I dont miss the next round! Any updates on how MX Tune is coming along Darren!?! :)
Latest I've heard is they are expected to start the MX tunes back up in February. I believe the hold up has been the CNC parts, and I think they are moving to inhouse production of these to ensure more reliable delivery times.

·
tardcore
821 Posts
Yup, looks like Push just spent big bucks on new machinery and will be cranking out MX shocks very soon. Too bad they won't send the production overseas to cut costs and take jobs from lazy americans ;) Just joking, I need some work making my MX fit a new application and figure Darren would appreciate some smart ass comments before I call and make unreasonable requests.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
lzyboy said:
Any news on when the MX Tune will be available? I now have a Vanilla R on the Spot and NEED to get this Pushed ASAP! :madman:

Sent an email to Push Sales email addy about a week ago ... no reply.

I'm hoping that I might get a faster response here! :)
Your best bet is to call them.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
lzyboy said:
Thanks S-Works! Thats exactly what i wanted to hear! Now if only Pushed would hurry up and get the MX Tune available to us again! I'm happy to lay down the $$$ now to ensure I dont miss the next round! Any updates on how MX Tune is coming along Darren!?! :)

A 7.5" x 2" CCDB has showed up on a local forum here in Australia ... I'm tempted by that as well.
Honestly, I tired of waiting on the MX tune months ago (just missed the last batch). I found a helluva deal on a used CCDB and picked it up...NO regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
S-Works said:
Your best bet is to call them.
Yeah, I'd do that if I lived in the US but ... I'm not being lazy here but surely its not too much to expect a reply to a query within a few days. Its been almost 2 weeks now. I would ask my local Push service centre (Dirtworks here in Australia) but they wouldn't know whats going on and would probably give me a generic answer anyway. I'm sure a lot of lost sales would be recouped if their online responses is improved!

I've posted another msg just now but this time to the "Information" address. Let's see how we go there

In saying that, I'm going to go buy a International calling card at lunch time and give them a call tommorrow morning. I will make sure I mention to them that their online responsiveness is not doing any favours to them!

·
It's carbon dontcha know.
4,488 Posts
PUSHIND said:
Look for an announcement regarding MX-Tunes the end of this month.

Darren
Time for the Highline to get an upgrade and the Sultan to get a refresh :cool:

/starts looking for benjamins between the sofa cushions

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
CharacterZero said:
The Lyrik tune will beat both of those!:thumbsup:
When will that be, my pal and I have been waiting on that for close to a year give or take, when a person at push told me buddy it was only a month or so away. That had to be last spring when he called.

I'm in when it happens, as long as PUSH replaces those lame bushings RS uses that have a 99.9% chance of loosening up.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
rscecil007 said:
When will that be, my pal and I have been waiting on that for close to a year give or take, when a person at push told me buddy it was only a month or so away. That had to be last spring when he called.

I'm in when it happens, as long as PUSH replaces those lame bushings RS uses that have a 99.9% chance of loosening up.
That was the joke.

As great as Darren and crew are at making things work well, they are not very good at meeting production goals/hints dropped on the forum.

It is great to have someone who is incredibly knowledgeable and active on the forum, so don't take it wrong...but perhaps product development and timing should be kept quiet. Just some constructive criticism.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.