Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Schwinn 4 Banger that is getting a Pushed Fox Vanilla R rear shock that will get me close to 6" of rear travel. I ride fun mountain trails in Colorado but don't jump or drop. I Considered a Minute 3 and a Talus but think the Vanilla will be a good match to the coil rear shock. Is there a big difference in the performance of the R and RLC. I'd probably go with an 05 R or an 04 RLC. I guess the question boils down to how good is the R's stock compression damping? Also does the lockout function as a stable platform? I doubt I'd ever use it as a strict lockout.

As an aside I still think about the Talus R for the ability to lower the front for climbs.

Art

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
last i checked, only stratos, rockshox, and rissie had trunion mount shocks....how does that vanilla R fit to your "6" banger?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can't comment on the rear-end, but with the exception to the lock-out, I don't notice a discernable difference with the compression damping. Save the money and go with the "R" model.
Tater

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Fox Vanilla R was stock on the 01 Straight 6

Jm. said:
last i checked, only stratos, rockshox, and rissie had trunion mount shocks....how does that vanilla R fit to your "6" banger?
The Fox Vanilla R came stock on the 01 Straight 6. That's where mine came from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.