Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rebound adjuster on my Pushed Fox Float R (rear) shock appears to also adjust the low speed compression. It's as if the 'platform' is adjustable. Really, it's unmistakable; two or three clicks "harder" and the compression is noticably firmer. The gnarly roots and rocks of my local trails show the marked contrast, easily...as does a standing climb.

Not a complaint, by any means, just unexpected. Has anyone else noticed this with their Pushed Float? I've contacted Push, posing this question, but they've not yet replied.

Heck, maybe it's just me. Anyway, I like it.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The rebound adjuster on my Pushed Fox Float R (rear) shock appears to also adjust the low speed compression
That can't be the case if it's been tuned by us. With the stock shock there's a common path that the oil flows on both compression and rebound. With our systems, the first thing that we do is isolate both circuits to operate independent from each other. What you might be sensing is the increase in low speed range that the adjuster is now effecting on the rebound stroke after the mod.

Darren

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
PUSHIND said:
That can't be the case if it's been tuned by us. With the stock shock there's a common path that the oil flows on both compression and rebound. With our systems, the first thing that we do is isolate both circuits to operate independent from each other. What you might be sensing is the increase in low speed range that the adjuster is now effecting on the rebound stroke after the mod.

Darren
Thanks Darren. Just didn't expect the rebound damping to effect the shock motion in this manner. Ex: riding to the trailhead on flat, smooth blacktop; rebound set at 4 'clicks' from full soft--some shock movement with each stroke. At 5 'clicks' the movment is noticably less, and at 6 'clicks' there is no movement...none. Same gear combination, same cadence.

Hats off to Push, for effecting the range of rebound damping adjustment to such a wide degree...it effects the ride of this bike in a remarkable way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.