Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting my AVA shocks PUSHED. I wanted to know if anyone has PUSHED an AVA shock. I have a Superlight and I think that this would improve the ride. I have a few concerns about loosing the lock-out function but if it works "as advertised" then I shouldn't need it.

PUSHED Website

Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a pushed ava shock, it is great improvement over Fox

Float.

I have a single pivot also. It is four bar activated.

I was having problems with my back after an hour of riding especially if I was doing a series of small drops. First I had my regular Fox Float pushed. When it had less than 20% of sag my back felt fine, more and it hurt. But, I could not get full use of the travel and did not want the shock any softer because of my back.

I put an AVA sleve on the fox and now get full travel and I can run the platform stiffer while getting a more linear response. My back does not hurt anymore. The shock makes the bike feel more compliant in rock gardens, faster accelerating (snap), and plush.

I think I like it. :)

·
Registered
524 Posts
PUSHED Same Fox AVA RL

I have the same shock running on my Ironhorse Hollowpoint Expert. Got it pushed about 6 weeks ago. One of the best upgrades since going full suspension. Do a search on this board and you will find mine and a bunch of others who have PUSHED their shocks. Most of us have had very good results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts